Write a Check Properly
Many of you know how to write a check. However, many people do not know how to do it. Anyhow, writing a check is an important procedure that every adult should know how to do. There are a few easy steps to follow.
Check Writing Tips
Tip: Start from the top of the check and work your way down. Here are the easy to follow steps:
- DATE: Always write the date on the line in the upper right hand corner. You can write the date out such as September 1, 2000 or by numeral, 09/1/00. The date written on the line should always be the day that you sign the bottom of the check.
- PAYTO: This is where you write the name of the person or company (such as a credit card company) you are sending the check to. You can also just pay the check to “Cash,” but be careful, because that means that anyone can cash it.
- If it’s to an individual, include both their first and last names. If they are a ‘Jr.’ or a ‘Sr.’ you should include this as well.
- If the check is going to an organization, write out its full name. Do not use acronyms unless explicitly given permission.
- AMOUNT: Write the amount of the check in word form. For example, ten dollars and five cents. Or, if you are writing a check for $10.00, write either ten dollars 0/100 cents, or ten dollars even or just ten with a line running to the end of the line.
- AMOUNT IN DIGITS: After the $ sign, write the exact amount using dollars and cents. For example $10.05.
- SIGNATURE: Don’t forget to sign the check on the line in the bottom right corner. Your check will be invalid if it is not personally signed.
- MEMO: Lastly, though this part of the check is optional, it can be helpful to write a note to yourself or the recipient to remember what the check is for. Example: rent, or if you are paying a credit card put the credit card account number in this section.
How to write a check and pay your credit card bill?
Finally, this is how you write a check properly. Pretty easy. Now that you have followed the best ways on how to write a check to your credit card company you can search for a company address.
You can locate the exact way to sign in/log in, address and customer service contacts by visiting our customer service pages. Remember you can follow the steps to pay your credit card bill by writing a check, if you forget just start from the top and work your way to the bottom of the check. The more often you write checks, the more natural the process will become.